Pages

Our Lady's Little Scribe seeks to use the internet for sharing the Catholic faith and Franciscan spirituality, going from Gospel to life and life to the Gospel.



The silk painting, shown above, is by Ty Mam Duw, Poor Clare Colettines, Hawarden, WALES GB. Their website is here. Ty Mam Duw is Welsh and means The House of the Mother of God. Our Lady of the Pearl cherishes their friendship and is grateful for their many kindnesses and prayers. The image is used with permission.

Entertaining Angels

Entertaining Angels
You are welcome to join in with your thoughts and spiritual inspirations and to share information. To write, click the word "comments" found after each post.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Barka - Favorite Song of John Paul II

1. Lord, you have come to the lakeshore
looking neither for wealthy nor wise ones.
You only asked me to follow humbly.

Refrain
O Lord, with your eyes you have searched me,
kindly smiling, have spoken my name.
Now my boat's left on the shoreline behind me;
by your side I will seek other seas.

2. You know so well my possessions;
my boat carries no gold and no weapons;
But nets and fishes—my daily labor.

Refrain O Lord, with your eyes you have ...

3. You need my hands, full of caring,
through my labors to give others rest,
and constant love that keeps on loving.

Refrain O Lord, with your eyes you have ...

4. You, who have fished other oceans
ever longed-for by souls who are waiting,
my loving friend, as thus you call me.

Refrain O Lord, with your eyes you have ...

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Tears are in my eyes...this was the favorite song of a dear friend of mine who passed away 4 1/2 years ago. We sang it together in choir, often. I had no idea it was JPII's favorite as well.
Thank you for bringing me some fond memories and for posting the lyrics to this beautiful song.

Little Scribe said...

I have heard this song sung many times when JPII was present but did not know why nor what the lyrics were. I think it is very beautiful also. Thank you for writing.