Pages

Our Lady's Little Scribe seeks to use the internet for sharing the Catholic faith and Franciscan spirituality, going from Gospel to life and life to the Gospel.



The silk painting, shown above, is by Ty Mam Duw, Poor Clare Colettines, Hawarden, WALES GB. Their website is here. Ty Mam Duw is Welsh and means The House of the Mother of God. Our Lady of the Pearl cherishes their friendship and is grateful for their many kindnesses and prayers. The image is used with permission.

Entertaining Angels

Entertaining Angels
You are welcome to join in with your thoughts and spiritual inspirations and to share information. To write, click the word "comments" found after each post.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Prayer of Consecration

"There are times when our own perplexities and suffering, or those of ones we love are so painful to carry that we find ourselves wordless before God. Such poverty can be a great blessing as it reveals to us our need for him, but it is also a moment of invitation to surrender. At such times a prayer of consecration is probaly the most suitable prayer we can say or formulate, simply handing everything over to God and Mary with trust. Or in situations of impending natural disaster, those involved in war or other life threatening situations, pray for them, pray for yourself in this prayer this morning." Poor Clare Colettines
Holy Mary
My Queen and Sovereign Lady
I give you myself
trusting on your fidelity and protection.
I surrender myself entirely
to your motherly tenderness
my body, my soul
all that I am, all that I possess,
for the whole of this day,
for every moment of my life
and especially at the hour of my death.
I entrust to you once more
all my hopes. all my consolations
all my anxieties, all my troubles.
my life, my dying breath,
so that by your prayer and merits,
I may have in all I do, one only goal,
your good pleasure and the holy will of your son.
Pere Raphael (17th century)

No comments: