Pages

Our Lady's Little Scribe seeks to use the internet for sharing the Catholic faith and Franciscan spirituality, going from Gospel to life and life to the Gospel.



The silk painting, shown above, is by Ty Mam Duw, Poor Clare Colettines, Hawarden, WALES GB. Their website is here. Ty Mam Duw is Welsh and means The House of the Mother of God. Our Lady of the Pearl cherishes their friendship and is grateful for their many kindnesses and prayers. The image is used with permission.

Entertaining Angels

Entertaining Angels
You are welcome to join in with your thoughts and spiritual inspirations and to share information. To write, click the word "comments" found after each post.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Sunday in Advent 2007

Today is the first Sunday in Advent. For many, this time of the year is a time of both joy and sorrow. I remember the lighting of one of the Advent candles last year at my son's wedding. My mother's funeral had been the day before. How my mother would have loved to have been with us at the wedding! She was 90 years old when she died, had been living alone in her own home, driving her car and taking care of herself. She died on the eve of the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Our Lady became my mother more so that night in my motherlessness. I marvel at God's goodness to my mother in her life and in her death. I marvel at his divine timing last December and his mercy which moved us through a valley of tears into celebration and gratitude.

The beautiful Advent meditation, posted below, is by a Poor Clare Nun with a Poor Clare Colettine Community. She speaks to us about this time of joy commingled with sorrow.

No comments: